BOROBUDUR TEMPLE TOUR
The province of Central Java, around the city of Jogyakarta, is the most famous part of Java and is, in fact, its cultural centre. This is in part because of the presence there of a variety of religious influences-Buddhist, Hindu, and other indigenous beliefs, which resulted in the construction of the impressive temples of Borobudur, Prambanan and the Dieng temple complex.
The 300 year old city of Jogyakarta is the cultural heart of Java. Here also is Indonesia's oldest palace 'The Kraton,' still the domicile of Jogya's royalty. Even now the current Sultan of Jogyakarta retains remarkable political prestige. Jogyakarta offers an abundance of Javanese art, painting, silverwork, batik handcraft, traditional Javanese dances, as well as contemporary art. The city is the cultural centre not only of Java, but of the whole of Indonesia. From Jogyakarta one can travel easily to the Borobudur and Prambanan temples, which are half-day trips from the city. Jogyakarta is situated between the foot of the still-active Merapi volcano and the mystical Indian Ocean, home of 'Loro Kidul,' Queen of the South Seas.
The most famous of Indonesia's temples is this huge Buddhist pyramid. This is a Buddhism's largest shrine in Indonesia, built in the 9th century. Located north west of Jogyakarta, Borobudur was completed in the second half of the ninth century. Like the Hindu temple complexes Prambanan and the Dieng plateau, Borobudur was unknown and neglected for almost a thousand years, covered under thick layers of volcanic ash.
From a far Borobudur looks like a huge but ordinary stone construction. But from nearby we can see that it consists of hundreds of wonderfully detailed statues and sculptures, representing Buddhist teachings mixed with images of Javanese life of a thousand years ago.
[Details of Borobudur].
Perhaps the finest temple complex in Indonesia, Prambanan is a ten-century old Hindu temple. This temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva, locally called Candi Loro Jonggrang, which means 'slender virgin.' From an architectural point of view this beautifully sculptured spire, fifty meters high, indeed resembles a 'slender virgin.' Like the Buddhist stupa Borobudur, Prambanan was abandoned when the Buddhist and Hindu Javanese inhabitants moved to East Java.
More information for Borobudur Tour :
ONE DAY BOROBUDUR TOUR FROM BALI
The tour leaves early morning from your hotel in Bali Island (area : Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Tuban, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Denpasar & Ubud) and back in the late evening to your hotel. If you stay beyond these areas, it is difficult to catch the early morning flight.
This tour is the most effective way to visit Boorobudur and other temples in one day from Bali Island, as you dont need to book a hotel in Yogyakarta.
Tentative tour Itinerary :
- At about 05.00 AM transfer from your hotel to the airport
- Flight Denpasar - Yogyakarta around 07.10 AM
- Arrive in Jogyakarta airport at 07.40 AM (Yogya time - one hour behind Bali)
- Pick up at the airport in Yogyakarta
- Heading for the tour to Borobudur, Mendut, Pawon Temples
- Visit Yogyakarta Palace
- Lunch at local restaurant in Yogyakarta city
- Direct to Prambanan Temple
- Dinner at local restaurant
- 07.30 PM transfer to the airport
- 08.50 PM flight to Denpasar
- 11.00 PM Trasnfer from airport to your hotel
PACKAGES OPTION :
- Price USD 175.00 per person (for minimum of 2 pariticipants)
Or contact us for a single traveler or group booking
Tour includes of :
- Hotel - airport transfers in Bali
- Airport transfers in Yogyakarta
- Private air conditioned tour
- Tour as per itinerary
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Dinner at local restaurant
- English or Japanese speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Airport and government taxes
Not including :
- Flight tickets (Denpasar - Yogyakarta - Denpasar) [ Check Flight Schedule ]
- Personal expenses (souvenir, tipping, etc)
Booking conditions :
To secure the booking, we will send you a link for online deposit with credit card
- The balance of payment will be collected on departure in cash(USD, Euro or Rupiah)
- Payment with credit card will be charged in IDR plus 3% of bank charge
- The tours are based on private basis. Sharing with others will be on request
- Separately, we are glad to assist you to book the local flight tickets.
Special offer during low season periods :
The package including round trip flight ticket starts from USD 300.00 per person,
with all the above mentioned conditions.
[Send an inquiry for the Borobudur Tour ]